Saturday At the Fair
Hoosier Lottery Day Aug. 11, 2012
- First Lady Cheri Daniels Heartland Walk for Health
Hoosier Lottery Grandstand side lot: 6 to 8 a.m.
- Traditional Arts Fiddle Contest
Pioneer Village Opry House: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 4-H Sale of Champions
Pepsi Coliseum: 6 p.m.
- The Rev. Payton’s Big Damn Band
Infield: 8:45 p.m.
- Ciao Italia International Pavilion: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Cowtown USA Family Fun Park: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Bixby’s Rainforest Rescue starring lago Family Fun Park: 11 a.m., 1:30, 4 p.m.
- MHS pres. Flippenout Extreme Trampoline Show Family Fun Park: Noon, 2:30 & 5 p.m.
- International SuperDogs Dow AgroSciences Celebration Park: Noon, 2:30 & 5 p.m.
- Marsh Daily Parade Main Street: 6:30 p.m.
Giant Hot Air Balloons to fill sky
It’s a great day for early-risers – the Giant Hot Air Balloon Launch begins at sunrise. Fairgoers can take in the full experience, including the loud “whoosh” as the balloons fire up to the dots in the sky as they drift away from the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
This year, these colorful floating machines will not be competing in their typical “Hare and Hound” race, but instead launching and landing after about a 30-minute flight.
Viewing the Giant Hot Air Balloon Launch is free with fair admission. The balloons will take off from the Infield.
Connect with the Indiana State Fair