The Indy Jazz Fest presented by Marsh has unveiled the artists taking the stage as part of the festival’s week long Sunset Series as it prepares to kick off its 14th year. Held over a five-day period September 10-14, the Sunset Series leads into the festival’s annual finale at Opti Park in Broad Ripple, now set to take place over two days, September 15-16. Indy Jazz Fest combines the great venues of Indianapolis with the diversity of jazz styles. The full schedule and ticket information is available at the festival’s website: www.indyjazzfest.net
- Monday, Sept. 10, 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. – Aaron Diehl Quartet at the Jazz Kitchen, 5377 N. College Ave., presented by REI Real Estate. Diehl is the American Pianists Association’s 2011 Cole Porter Fellow in Jazz.
Tickets are $25.
- Tuesday, Sept. 11, 7 p.m. – The Latin Tinge featuring Chuchito Valdes and Pavel & Direct Contact at the Indiana Landmarks Center Cook Theater, 1201 Central Ave. Latino piano classics will be performed in an intimate space.
Tickets are $20.
- Wednesday, Sept. 12, 7:30 p.m. – “West Coast Cool” will feature a collaboration between Cheryl Bentyne of Manhattan Transfer and Mark Winkler at the Cabaret at the Columbia Club, 121 Monument Circle. Two of California’s hottest jazz singers explore the mellow, “west coast style” of jazz, presented by Printing Partners.
Tickets can be purchased for $35, $45 and $55.
- Wednesday, Sept. 12, 8 p.m. – Three bands share the stage for a night of funk and soul, featuring Bashiri Asad and Xenobia Green (Indianapolis), The Right Now (Chicago) and Derobert & The Half Truths (Nashville) at the Jazz Kitchen, 5377 N. College Ave.
Tickets are $15.
- Thursday, Sept. 13, 7 p.m. – WICR presents a special free concert featuring the Indy Jazz Fest Band in a tribute to legendary trombonist Slide Hampton at the Christel DeHaan Fine Arts Center at the University of Indianapolis, 1400 E. Hanna Ave.
This concert is FREE open to all ages and made possible by United Water.
- Friday, Sept. 14, 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. – The legendary Slide Hampton will celebrate his 80th birthday with the Steve Allee Big Band at the Jazz Kitchen, 5377 N. College Ave., presented by Foley & Abbott.
Tickets are $30.
Throughout the week, nightly jazz will be featured at the Jazz Kitchen and Chatterbox.
The lineup in Opti Park will feature headliners Stanley Clarke and George Duke Saturday, Sept. 15 at 8:45 p.m., preceded by Robert Glasper Experiment at 5 p.m. and Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe at 6:45 p.m. Brian Culbertson will headline Sunday, Sept. 16 at 7:15 p.m., following Brian Simpson featuring Maysa at 3:30 p.m. and Gerald Albright at 5:15 p.m. Gates open at 4 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
Now in its fourth year as presenting sponsor, select Central Indiana Marsh Supermarkets will again serve as the ticket outlet for purchasing advance discount tickets for the Opti Park performances September 15 and 16. Attendees can pay only $25 on the regular general admission ticket price of $30 when buying in advance at Marsh Supermarkets. Returning this year will be the VIP Experience packages and the popular week-long JAZZpass, in addition to one and two-day passes for September 15-16. The VIP and week-long passes are available online at www.indyjazzfest.net.
Indy Jazz Fest is also proud to announce that the Hampton Inn Downtown Indianapolis is the 2012 festival’s host hotel, with hotel and ticket rates available for the week.
Enter to Win A Pair of Tickets
Would you like to attend the Indy Jazz Fest concerts at Opti Park on either September 15th or 16th for FREE?
To enter please fill out the form here on Naptown Buzz with your full name,valid e-mail address by 11:59pm on Tuesday, September 4, 2012 and one (1) lucky winner will be chosen at random to receive a pair of tickets.
Your information is confidential and will only be used for contacting the winner and for prize fulfillment purposes.
- One entry per person
- Open to Indiana residents
- Fill out the form above or e-mail us with your full name & valid e-mail address to be entered to win by 11:59pm on Tuesday, September 4, 2012
- You MUST be able to attend the show
- Tickets will be mailed to the winner
The winner will be notified by Thursday, September 6, 2012 via e-mail.