Watch out American Idol and America's Got Talent. It's time for Indy's own renowned auditions! Quality Connection, IBEW 481, RTV-6 and Indianapolis Downtown, Inc. are seeking entertainers to perform at the 49th annual Circle of Lights® presented by the Contractors of Quality Connection and Electrical Workers of IBEW 481 on Friday, Nov. 25.
This year for the first time, all auditions will be recorded and made into an RTV-6 Circle of Lights® audition special, The Circle of Lights® Talent Search. The show will take viewers behind the scenes for the drama as hundreds of Hoosier singers, dancers and entertainers vie for one of only six spots in the beloved Circle of Lights show. The one-hour Circle of Lights® Talent Search will premiere Thanksgiving night, Nov. 24 at 7 p.m. on RTV-6. This is in addition to RTV-6's live coverage of the Circle of Lights® Friday, Nov. 25 at 7 p.m.
Also new this year, selected finalists from first auditions will be called back for a final audition. With more than 100 acts auditioning each year, a second audition will allow judges to focus on the top 10 acts and then select the final six that will appear in the live show. Finalists will audition again and learn their fate in the final round.
First auditions will take place Tuesday, Sept. 27 & Saturday, Oct. 1 at the following locations:
- Tuesday, Sept. 27 from 4 – 8 p.m.
IBEW Local 481 Hall, 1828 North Meridian St.
- Saturday, Oct. 1 from 9 a.m. – noon
Electrical Training Institute, 1751 S. Lawndale Ave. (Take Sam Jones Expressway to Lynhurst. North on Lynhurst to Minnesota. West on Minnesota to Lawndale. Left on S. Lawndale just before the I-465 overpass.)
A second audition will take place for selected finalists (by invite only) on Monday, Oct. 10 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
There is no need to pre-register for auditions. Acts will be auditioned in the order in which they arrive. Those acts that audition in person are generally more successful.
Performers should prepare a number/act using the following specifications:
- Not to exceed 2 minutes. This time limit will be strictly enforced at auditions. Final acts chosen for the show will have approximately 3 – 3½ minutes to perform, but we must limit auditions.
- A holiday theme is required featuring an upbeat holiday number.
- A keyboard and microphones will be provided. Please provide your own keyboardist. If you are performing to a track, please format your track to CD for the audition.
- Stage dimensions are 24' x 16'.
- Group size not to exceed 25 persons.
Individuals/groups will be judged on talent, visual presentation, stage movement and commitment. Selected groups must commit to two evening rehearsal dates prior to the event and from 2:30 – 8:30 p.m. on the day of the event.
Call 317.332.4012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with audition questions.