More than 70 artists open their studios to visitors during the two-day event. It’s not only an opportunity to see the work of 70 local artists in one place at one time, it’s a chance to see where and how the work is created. Artwork ranges from paintings, drawings and photography, to sculpture, jewelry and furniture.
Having been involved with the open house as an artist the past few years, here are a few tips for first timers.
- Free parking is available.
- Tickets cost $12 at the door both days. Re-entry on Saturday is $8 if you bring your Friday night ticket stub.
- Friday night is more of a party atmosphere which includes refreshments by some of the studios.
- On Friday night there are a lot more people in attendance than on Saturday.
- There is live entertainment throughout the building as well food and beverage vendors.
- If you’re planning on purchasing, most artists accept cash and credit cards.
- Saturday is more laid back and is a great day to take children to enjoy the art, and there are usually a few spots kids can create their own artwork.
- Some artists do not want photos taken of their artwork. If you would like to do so, please ask permission first.
- While in the building, be sure to check out Turner’s car collection which will be on display.
- If you’re on twitter, use the hashtag #StutzArtists in your tweets.
If you go we’d love to hear your thoughts and what purchases you made.