The 15th annual Indy Jazz Fest returns in 2013 with a 10-day lineup in venues “All Around Town” September 12-21, a celebration of its year-round dedication to strengthening the Indianapolis jazz and arts scene. This year’s Festival will feature headliners Allen Toussaint, Ramsey Lewis, Eddie Palmieri, Diane Schuur, Ravi Coltrane, Jeff Coffin and Aaron Diehl. Full lineup, venue information and tickets are available at indyjazzfest.net.
- September 12 – Allen Toussaint, Schrott Center for the Arts at Butler University – 8 p.m. Opening night sponsored by Ameriprise Financial
- September 13 – Ramsey Lewis, Madame Walker Theatre – 8 p.m., sponsored by IU Health
- September 14 – Diane Schuur, The Cabaret at The Columbia Club – 7 p.m. sponsored by Foley & Abbott
- September 15 – Guitarist Brian Nova with special guests Steve Allee and Stan Hillis – The Jazz Kitchen, 7 p.m.
- September 16 – Double Bill: Buselli-Wallarab Jazz Orchestra Birth of the Cool, and Zach Lapidus Trio, Indiana Landmarks Center, 7:30 p.m., sponsored by National Bank of Indianapolis
- September 17 – Eddie Palmieri, Indianapolis Museum of Art Terrace (show will be moved indoors to the Toby in the event of rain), 8 p.m.
- September 18 – Indy Jazz Fest Band celebrates Indiana Composers, Christel DeHaan Fine Art Center at the University of Indianapolis, 7 p.m. FREE to the public
- September 18 – Ravi Coltrane, The Jazz Kitchen, 7 and 9:30 p.m.
- September 19 – Jeff Coffin, Apparatus 1401 N. Meridian, 7:30 p.m.
- September 20 – American Pianists Association Cole Porter Fellow in Jazz, Aaron Diehl CD Release Party, The Jazz Kitchen, 7:30 and 9:30 p.m., sponsored by REI Real Estate
- September 21 – Closing Finale all day with 12 bands on 2 stages, inside and outside The Jazz Kitchen with food, drinks and great music, hosted by The Jazz Kitchen and Yats
The Festival’s mid-way point will feature a Pub Creep September 16-19 at a different Indiana brewery location each evening. Sponsored by the Indiana Brewers Guild, the Pub Creep will meld jazz and brews at Sun King Brewery, Broad Ripple Brew Pub, Flat12 Bierwerks and Brugge Brasserie. More information at indyjazzfest.net.
Tickets are available at indyjazzfest.net. General admission as well as preferred seating will be available by concert and location. A Preferred Seating Package is being offered for the headliner concerts during the 10 day Festival. All concerts will be festival seating. The Preferred Seating Package and Individual Preferred seating tickets will provide a guaranteed seat in a section up front and close to the band.