The nation’s most prestigious and longest running all-Corvette show, Bloomington Gold Corvettes USA, will make its inaugural appearance at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway from June 25-27, 2015.
“The Granddaddy of Corvette Shows,” Bloomington Gold will showcase a one-of-a-kind display of 1965 Corvettes and feature Corvettes from all other years throughout the IMS infield.
New and used Corvettes will be available for purchase and attendees will be encouraged to visit the more than 200 Corvette-specialty vendors at the event. In addition, Corvette owners are encouraged to participate in Corvettes on the Circle, an all-Corvette car show on Monument Circle in downtown Indianapolis on Friday, June 26, from 7-9 p.m.
Open each day from 8 a.m.-6 p.m., the Bloomington Gold Corvettes USA show at IMS will feature a wide variety of additional attractions including:
- Gold certification: Visitors may watch Corvettes being judged for Bloomington Gold’s prestigious Gold certification and the highly coveted Benchmark
- Track laps: Corvette owners may drive on the IMS oval at 60 mph. Stop by the Bloomington Gold track office during the show for availability. NOTE: The track office is in the IMS infield just south of the Alley Café near Gasoline Alley.
- Chevy Ride-n-Drive: All Chevrolet cars on the market will be available for test drives
- Autocross: Corvette owners may drive on a course in the IMS infield; five runs for $25 per car. Purchase at Bloomington Gold track office.
- GoldSpeed: The IMS road course may also be experienced as a passenger with a professional Spring Mountain race car driver; free for Ride-n-Drive participants.
- Buy or sell: Corvettes of all ages will be available for sale.
- Burnouts: Bloomington Gold will hold its first Burnout Competition at 3:15 p.m. on Friday, June 26, on the pit road, with $300 paid to the best burnout. See Bloomington Gold track office for entry information.
- World Record try: At 6 p.m. on Saturday, June 27, Bloomington Gold’s Gold Tour will look to break its own record of 2,223 Corvettes on the IMS oval. Cost is $10 per Corvette and advance registration is encouraged at Bloomingtongold.com.
- Engine building: The Chevy Performance Build Center Team will completely disassemble and reassemble an LT4 engine from top to bottom, at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.on Friday and Saturday in the Chevy Display.
- Tech talk: GM-certified technician Paul Koerner will offer Corvette Technology 101 classes. Sign up online at Bloomingtongold.com.
- Pace Cars: Visit the collection of Indianapolis 500 Pace Cars dating to 1978.
For more information on the Bloomington Gold Corvettes USA show at IMS including a complete schedule of events, visit the organization’s website at Bloomingtongold.com.
Bloomington Gold Corvettes USA Tickets: A three-day pass to the Bloomington Gold Corvettes USA show is available for $45 in advance on IMS.com. Single-day admission tickets are $17.50 in advance on IMS.com; $20 day of the event.