Fulton County – On April 10, 2017, at approximately 9:05 p.m. near Rochester, a stolen vehicle turned into a short pursuit with the suspect being taken into custody facing several felony charges.
Fulton County Dispatch put out a stolen vehicle taken in Rochester from the Speedway Gas Station. Trooper Matthew Moon was patrolling US 31 northbound near the location when he spotted a vehicle matching the description of the white 2010 Buick Lacrosse traveling southbound in excess of 100 miles per hour.
Trooper Moon turned around on the vehicle and was able to catch up to it and was following at excess of 100 mph. Trooper Moon activated his emergency lights and siren and the vehicle continued south on US 31. Traffic was light at the time and Trooper Moon continued to follow the Buick into Miami County. The driver continued to move from lane to lane reaching speeds of 113 mph.
At SR 16 in Miami County, Trooper Michael Meiser assisted in the pursuit and the driver slowed and pulled over just south of SR 16. The driver, identified as Michael V. Rosa, 40 of Indianapolis was taken into custody and arrested in Miami County for:
1) Resisting Law Enforcement (IC: 35-44.1-3-1) Level 6 Felony
2) Operating While Intoxicated/ Prior (IC: 9-30-5-3) Level 6 Felony
3) Intimidation against Public Official (IC: 35-45-2-1) Level 6 Felony
4) Battery by Bodily Waste (IC: 35-42-2-1) Level 6 Felony
5) Possession of a Stolen Vehicle (IC: 35-43-4-2(a)1(A)) Level 6 Felony
6) Operating While Intoxicated – Endangerment (IC: 9-30-5-2) A Misdemeanor
7) Possession of Marijuana (IC: 35-48-4-11) B Misdemeanor
8) Reckless Driving (IC: 9-21-8-52) C Misdemeanor
In Fulton County the initial charges will be:
1) Criminal Confinement (IC: 35-42-3-3(b)3(B)) Level 2 Felony
2) Robbery (IC: 35-42-5-1) Level 3 Felony
3) Auto Theft (IC: 35-43-4-3.5(b)) Level 6 Felony
4) Criminal Recklessness (IC: 35-42-2-2) B Misdemeanor
Rosa was very combative while in custody. He threatened officers with their lives and continued to try and spit on the officers. During the theft of the Buick, he dragged the owner of the Buick as she was removing her five-year-old child from the car.
Assisting at the scene was the Rochester Police Department and the Peru City Police department. The investigation is continuing.
Suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
SOURCE: Indiana State Police – Peru District 16