Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 8:08 PM
Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) Northwest Narcotics detectives execute a search warrant on a vehicle and seize numerous narcotics.
A search warrant that was conducted on a vehicle which was seized on 04/21/2017 during a separate search warrant in the 2400 block of S. Emerson. During that search warrant the vehicle was found in a carport. When the person living at the house was asked about the vehicle they denied even knowing where it came from. A K9 was called to assist and alerted to the presence of narcotics in the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to police impound, and a warrant was granted to search it.
On Saturday 4/22, detectives of the Northwest District Narcotics Unit searched the vehicle and discovered the following:
- Heroin (suspected): 34.34 grams (1.211 oz)
- Cocaine (suspected): 2.12 grams
- Marijuana (suspected): 338 grams (11.922 oz)
- Equipment to cut and package heroin and cocaine (all with residue)
- Spray bottle with unknown liquid
- Stolen firearm (stolen out of Columbus, IN)
- The vehicle was also seized and placed up for forfeiture.
SOURCE: Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department