We’ve taken the classic Old Fashioned south of the border with this ‘nuevo’ twist. The Mezcal Antiquo Fashioned swaps the bourbon or rye found in a typical Old Fashioned for smokey mezcal and reposado tequila. Garnish this drink with a charred jalapeno and you’ve got a refined fiesta in a glass.
- 1 1/2 oz Reposado Tequila
- 1/2 oz Mezcal
- 1/4 oz Agave Nectar
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1/2 oz Fresh Squeezed Blood Orange Juice
- 1 Jalapeno Sliced Lengthwise For Garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour in tequila, mezcal, agave, blood orange juice and your dash of bitters.
- Stir ingredients with a bar spoon to combine.
- Strain into a rocks glass over large ice sphere or cube.
- Garnish with charred jalapeno and slice of blood orange.