- 2 cups basil leaves tightly packed
- 1/2 cup high-quality olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts lightly toasted
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp kosher salt or to taste
- ¼ cup pecorino romano grated
- hot pasta water
- Soak basil leaves in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Place olive oil, pine nuts, and garlic in a blender and puree until nuts are finely chopped. Add salt. Shake off excess water from basil leaves, still leaving some water clinging to the leaves, add to the blender. Blend until well combined. Add cheese and pulse briefly. Set aside until the pasta is cooked.
- When the pasta has cooked, with the blender running, slowly stream in enough hot pasta water to get a creamy consistency.
Mandilli Di Seta Ingredients
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Lasagne
- Creamy pesto
- Pecorino Romano
- Edible Flowers
- Small Basil Leaves
- Place Explore Cuisine green lentil lasagne sheets in a large pot of gently boiling salted water with a splash of olive oil. Do not overcrowd and take care to separate the sheets so they do not stick together. In about 6 minutes, they will be al dente. Remove from pot, shaking off excess water. (Remember to reserve some hot pasta water for the pesto).
- A warmed-up flat shallow pan works perfectly for coating the pasta rectangles. Pour the pesto from the blender into the pan. One at a time, dip the warm pasta sheets into the sauce, coating both sides, then artfully fold onto the plate. Repeat with 2 more rectangles.
- Sprinkle Pecorino Romano around the perimeter of the pasta. Garnish with edible flowers and small basil leaves.