With flavors reminiscent of fresh baked banana bread, this Jameson infusion is great on the rocks, or as an unexpected addition to any classic whiskey cocktail. For this recipe we’ve decided to keep it simple, adding just a few ounces of fresh squeezed orange juice really kicks it up a notch.
Courtesy of Drizly.
- 2 oz banana-infused Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1- 2 oz fresh squeezed orange juice
- In a shaker combine banana-infused whiskey and orange juice, shake until cold.
- Pour into an old-fashioned glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with a pinch of black sugar sprinkles.
How to make banana-infused Jameson:
Slice 2 ripe bananas and put into a clean glass jar with an airtight lid.
Pour 1/2 of a 750ml bottle of Jameson into the jar and close tightly.
Let sit on the counter in a dark spot and turn the jar gently once a day. After 4 to 5 days, strain the banana slices out using a fine mesh strainer and pour the whiskey through a coffee filter back into the jar. Refrigerate for up to 1 month.