Preparation time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 22 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups small pieces of broccolini or broccoli florets
- 1 cup ½-inch pieces red bell pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tbsp water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 cup diced lean ham steak
- In a covered 10-in nonstick or ceramic skillet, bring ½ inch salted water to a boil. (Wrap the handle of the pan in foil if it’s not ovenproof.) Add the broccolini or broccoli and bell pepper and cook until crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes. Drain. Rinse and dry the skillet. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the eggs and water and season to taste with salt and pepper. Preheat the broiler.
- Spray the bottom and sides of the same skillet with low-calorie cooking spray and place over medium heat. Pour the eggs into skillet. Stir in the ham and cooked vegetables and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook, shaking the pan to loosen the eggs at the bottom and lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath until the edges are set but the center is still somewhat loose 6-8 minutes.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat source until the frittata is golden and puffed at the edges and the eggs are set, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the frittata from the broiler and let it stand a couple minutes to finish the cooking. Cut into wedges to serve.
The frittata can also be served at room temperature, so it’s great for a meal on the go.
Courtesy of Slimming World