Disclosure: We received a review copy for inclusion in the 2021 Holiday Gift Guide.
We receive an affiliate commission if you purchase items through our Amazon link.
SUGGESTED PRICE: $60.00
AVAILABLE AT: Amazon
Paladins of the West Kingdom is set at a turbulent time of West Francia’s story, circa 900 AD. Despite recent efforts to develop the city, outlying townships are still under threat from outsiders. Saracens scout the borders, while Vikings plunder wealth and livestock. Even the Byzantines from the east have shown their darker side. As noble men and women, players must gather workers from the city to defend against enemies, build fortifications and spread the faith throughout the land. Fortunately, you are not alone. In his great wisdom, the King has sent his finest knights to help aid in our efforts. So ready the horses and sharpen the swords. The Paladins are approaching.
The aim of Paladins of the West Kingdom is to be the player with the most victory points (VP) at the game’s end. Points are gained by building outposts and fortifications, commissioning monks, and confronting outsiders. Each round, players will enlist the help of a specific Paladin and gather workers to carry out tasks. As the game progresses, players will slowly increase their faith, strength, and influence. Not only will these affect their final score, but they will also determine the significance of their actions. The game is concluded at the end of the seventh round.
- Enlist the help of your Paladins to defend your city from increasing threats
- Multiple paths to victory, thanks to the Suspicion System, Attribute Tracks, and a wide array of potential Townsfolk and Outsider combinations
- Just the right amount of player interaction, with no take-that mechanisms
- Intuitive and easy to use solo play mode
From the designer of Raiders of the North Sea!
- 2 Part Main Board
- 4 Double-sided Player Boards
- 48 Paladin Cards
- 32 Townsfolk Cards
- 36 Outsider Cards
- 10 King’s Favour Cards (Green Seal)
- 6 King’s Order Cards (Red Seal)
- 24 Debt Cards
- 24 Suspicion Cards
- 24 Tavern Cards
- 24 Wall Cards
- 17 Scheme Cards (For Solo Play)
- 50 Silver
- 40 Provisions
- 1 Start Player Marker
- 1 Resource Marker (For Solo Play)
- 22 Labourers
- 18 Fighters
- 32 Workshops
- 28 Outposts
- 18 Scouts
- 18 Clerics
- 28 Monks
- 28 Jars (4 of each number)
- 18 Merchants
- 18 Criminals
- 12 Attribute Markers (4 of Each Colour)