Central Indiana's favorite holiday tradition returns with Indiana Repertory Theater (IRT)'s acclaimed production of the Charles Dickens classic A Christmas Carol, playing Nov. 23-Dec. 24. The classic tale of Ebenezer Scrooge, the heartless miser who discovers the true meaning of the holiday season after a Christmas Eve haunting, features all of Dickens' beloved characters: Tiny Tim, Bob Cratchit and the Spirits of Christmas Past, Present and Future – played by many returning beloved IRT actors. From the story of the three ghosts and Scrooge's redemption, to the classic lines of ‘bah humbug' and ‘God bless us everyone', IRT's cast and crew promises a holiday tradition that will delight the human spirit in all of us.
“We are thrilled to present this time-honored holiday tradition each year – for us and for our audiences,” said Janet Allen, IRT's artistic director. “A Christmas Carol has truly become a favorite for our actors, our staff and for the families who experience this production – an experience we hope they will remember for years to come.”
In addition to the show, the IRT will offer festive activities and events before and after each performance. Choirs in the lobby. Reindeer just outside the theatre. Artisan marshmallow tastings. And more.
Visit www.irtlive.com for a full list of scheduled events.
Tickets range from $30-55 .
Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol Show Times
November 23 – December 24
- Friday, Nov. 23, 5 p.m. (Preview)
- Saturday, Nov. 24, 3 p.m. (Preview)
- Saturday, Nov. 24, 7 p.m. (Opening Night)
- Sunday, Nov. 25, 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 29, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 30, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 1, 3 & 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 2, 2 & 5 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 7, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 8, 3 & 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 9, 5 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 14, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 15, 3 & 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 16, 2 & 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 18, 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 19, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 20, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 21, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 22, 3 & 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 23, 2 & 5 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 24, 1 & 4 p.m.
The Cast and Crew
- RYAN ARTZBERGER | Ebenezer Scrooge
- DAVID ALAN ANDERSON | Portly Gentleman, Fezziwig, Christmas Present
- JASON BRADLEY | Bob Cratchit, Postboy, Broker
- MATTHEW BRUMLOW | Fred, Young Scrooge, Broker
- MARK GOETZINGER | Schoolmaster. Lamplighter, Undertaker
- JENNIFER JOHANSEN | Mrs. Crathit, Roses Sister
- MEGAN McKINNEY | Sister of Mercy, Mrs. Fezziwig, Plump Sister, Laundress
- ROBERT NEAL | Marley's Ghost, Topper, Old Joe, Poulterer's Man
- ASHLEY SCALLON | Fan, Belle, Martha
- BEN TEBBE | Waiter, Young Marley, Nutley, Christmas Future
- CORA VANDER BROEK | Felicity, Christmas Past, Charwoman
- Director | RICHARD J ROBERTS
- Scenic Designer | RUSSELL METHENY
- Costume Designer | MURELL HORTON
- Lighting Designer | MICHAEL LINCOLN
- Composer & Sound Designer | ANDREW HOPSON
- Musical Director | TERRY WOODS
- Choreographer | DAVID HOCHOY
- Stage Managers | NATHAN GARRISON
Indiana Repertory Theatre is located at 140 W. Washington St. in downtown Indianapolis.