Race for a world without breast cancer at the 25th annual Susan G. Komen Central Indiana Race for the Cure® on Saturday, April 16, 2016 at the Historic Military Park at White River State Park in Downtown Indianapolis. The race site will open at 7 a.m. Registration is now open at www.komenindy.org/race.
More Than a Race
Komen Central Indiana Race for the Cure turns the city pink each April, and with activities for all ages and a Pink Parade of breast cancer survivors, the event is truly more than just a race. The 2016 Race will include opening ceremonies, the annual Pink Parade of breast cancer survivors, a 5K timed competitive run, a 5K non-competitive run/walk, a one-mile family walk, Kids’ Dash, In Color Station and much more.
“This year is particularly meaningful as we celebrate the milestone of the 25th Race for the Cure. In 25 years, so many lives have been saved and so much progress has been made in the fight against breast cancer, thanks in part to our community coming together to participate, raise funds and inspire hope,” said Natalie Sutton, Executive Director of Susan G. Komen Central Indiana. “Participating at any level makes it possible for us to fight breast cancer in our local community.”
In 2015, Race participants and donors raised $1.3 million, helping to make a significant local impact in ways that directly benefit the Central Indiana women, men and families dealing with the costly challenge of breast cancer in their communities. Additionally, dollars raised reach well beyond the Central Indiana community as they fund a significant portion of the best breast cancer research around the world.
- Survivor (Entrant is a breast cancer survivor) – $25
Includes race shirt, pink bib number, survivor packet
- Participant – $30
Includes race shirt, white bib number
- Competitive – add $6
Entrant is intent on completing the course in 35 minutes or less. Includes a timing device, special blue bib number, and will be scored
- Child (between ages 4-8) – $12.50
Includes a Youth Small or Medium race shirt
*FREE for children age 3 and under but must be registered to be on-site during Race Day.
Individuals who cannot attend on Race day can support the effort by registering to Sleep In for the Cure®. Visit www.komenindy.org/race
Race Day Timeline
Saturday, April 16 – Military Park in downtown Indianapolis
- 7:00 – 8:30 a.m. Registration Shelter (register or pick up your Race shirt packets if you have already registered)
- 7:15 a.m. Survivors meet at the Survivors’ Tent
- 7:30 – 8:40 a.m. Pink Parade of Survivors
- 8:40 a.m. Aerobic Warm-Up / Zumba
- 8:40 a.m. Kids’ Dash (100-yard dash for children ages 2 through 8; all children participating in the Kids’ Dash must be officially registered for the Race, wearing a Kids’ Dash bib and accompanied by a parent or guardian)
- 9:00 a.m. Competitive 5K Run Start
- 9:10 a.m. Participant 5K Run/Walk Start
- 9:20 a.m. One-Mile Family Walk Start