CARMEL, Ind. – The Carmel Road Racing Group would like to remind residents in Carmel, Ind. to prepare for temporary lane restrictions and brief street closures in parts of the city due to the sixth annual Carmel Marathon Weekend on Saturday, April 22. Short delays can be expected. Motorists are advised to plan alternate routes, allow for extra driving time, and proceed with caution along the event course.
The Carmel Road Racing Group and City of Carmel Police Department have worked closely together to plan the event route in a way to lessen the impact on road closures while ensuring the safety of race participants and volunteers.
The marathon begins and finishes at Carmel’s Palladium at the Center for Performing Arts (at 3rd Avenue and City Center Drive) with the course passing through many of the city’s popular areas, including the Carmel Arts and Design District, Old Town Carmel and a variety of Carmel Clay Parks. All events begin at 7:30 a.m., with a maximum course time of 6.5 hours. The course and finish line will officially close at 2 p.m.
Both lanes of City Center Drive, eastbound and westbound, will close in front of Divvy on at 10 p.m. on April 21 and remain closed until 4:00 p.m. on April 22 for the start/finish area of the race. Traffic will be able to access City Center during those times.
Other temporary single-lane delays will occur between 7:15 a.m. and 2 p.m. as follows:
- 116th Street: 7:55-9:10 a.m. (between Hazell Dell and River Road)
- 126th Street eastbound: 7:30-9:25 a.m. (between Rangeline and Hazell Dell)
- 126th Street westbound: 7:45-8:45 a.m. (between Rangeline and Gray Road)
- 136th Street: 8-11:50 a.m.
- Arborwood Trail: 8:45 a.m.-12:55 p.m.
- Beaverbrook Drive: 8:40 a.m.-12:40 p.m.
- Burr Oak Drive: 8:40 a.m.-12:40 p.m.
- Carey Road northbound: 8-11:10 a.m.
- Central Park Trails: 8:45 a.m.-12:55 p.m.
- Charing Cross Road northbound: 7:40-8:15 a.m.
- Cherry Creek Boulevard single lane: 8:20-10:10 a.m.
- Cherry Tree Road single lane: 8:55-10:25 a.m.
- City Center Drive: 8:55 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (between Guildford and Pennsylvania)
- College Avenue Full closure: 8:55 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (between 111th and City Center Drive)
- Congressional Boulevard northbound: 8:55 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Grand Boulevard eastbound: 8:25 a.m.-1:45 p.m.
- Gray Road northbound: 7:45-8:30 a.m. (Between 126 and 136)
- Harrison Drive: 7:45-8:45 a.m.
- Haverton Way: 8:15-9:45 a.m.
- Hawthrone Drive: 7:55-10:55 a.m.
- Hazel Dell Parkway single lane northbound and southbound: 7:50-8:55 a.m.
- High Drive single lane northbound: 7:45 – 8:45 a.m.
- Hillcrest Drive single lane northbound: 7:47 – 8:50 a.m.
- Jason Street westbound: 8:05-11:25 a.m.
- Kill Deer/Augamarine: 8:55-10:25 a.m.
- Limberlost Drive: 7:45-8:45 a.m.
- Main Street eastbound: 7:50-1:40 p.m.
- Mississinewa: 8:15- 9:45 a.m.
- N. Penn Street northbound single lane: 8:35 a.m.-12:25 p.m.
- Old Meridian northbound single lane: 8:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Rangeline Road southbound: 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Red Cedar Way: 8:15-9:45 a.m.
- River Road northbound: 8-9:15 a.m.
- Ruckle Street: 8:40 a.m.-12:40 p.m.
- Guilford Road northbound: 8:25 a.m.-1:50 p.m.
- Settlers Ridge Trail: 8:15-9:45 a.m.
- Shag Bark Trail: 8:40 a.m.-12:40 p.m.
- West Main Street eastbound: 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- West Main Street westbound: 7:30 a.m.- 9:05 a.m.
Additional information and full course maps for the Carmel Marathon Weekend are available at CarmelMarathon.com.
Motorists are encouraged to plan alternate routes and allow for extra commute time.