Indiana State Police sent this bulletin at 07/07/2017 02:18 PM EDT
The American Legion Mall will once again host the Indiana Black Expo Summer Celebration Music Heritage Festival 1 on Friday, July 14.
This year many of the roads surrounding the American Legion Mall will be closed starting at 6:00 p.m. and remain closed until 12:00 a.m. after the concert ends. The closures will only limit vehicular traffic around the Mall.
“Attendance at the concert has grown over the years, resulting in the crowds spilling into Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets”, commented Indiana State Police First Sergeant Mike Nichols. “These closures are necessary to provide an added level of protection to everyone attending the concert,” Nichols added.
Concertgoers wishing to drop people off near the venue on Pennsylvania or Meridian Streets will need to do this before 5:30 p.m.
The following Indianapolis streets will be closed on Friday, July 14th from 6:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Street Closures – Click on link for closures map
- Meridian Street from St. Clair Street to Michigan Street
- Pennsylvania Street from St. Clair Street to Michigan Street
- St. Clair Street from Meridian Street to Pennsylvania Street
- E. Walnut Street at Pennsylvania Street
- W. Walnut Street at Meridian Street
- 40 & 8 Avenue at Pennsylvania Street
- Fort Wayne Street and North Street at Pennsylvania Street
- North Street at Illinois Street