Aug 7, 2018 (Inside the Hall) – Podcast on the Brink is back for a new episode with hosts Jerod Morris of The Assembly Call and Alex Bozich of Inside the Hall. The show is available weekly.
In this week’s show, Morris and Bozich are joined by Kent Sterling of CBS 1430 in Indianapolis, to discuss Indiana’s 1981 national championship team. Among the topics discussed:
- How the 1980 team set the table for the 1981 team
- Besides Isiah Thomas, who were the guys on the 1981 team who stood out?
- The youth of the 1981 team and the lack of seniors
- What Kent learned about the game of basketball as a student back in 1981
- What made Landon Turner so special as a player
- The composition of the 1981 roster and the number of guys from Indiana and Illinois
- Isiah’s competitiveness and toughness
- Why Bob Knight trusted Isiah Thomas so much in 1981
- The differences between the Big Ten in the early 80s compared to now
- What fans should remember most about Ted Kitchel, Randy Wittman, and Ray Tolbert